So what are the top 10 steps you should take to improve your health? Need some fantastic tips to healthy living? Here is where you can get started.
Here are some great simple tips to healthy living:
The first step is knowing what we mean by healthy living. Its not just eating right and exercising. Learning to live healthy means trying to incorporate health into all aspects of your life from the most tangible, like wearing your seat belt to the intangible like staying centered through the power of om.
Alright lets get healthy? Follow these simple tips to healthy living and by next year, you will feel better than ever!
1. Regular exercise. Exercise benefits every part of your life, from attitude to your cardiovascular system.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet. Use common sense. Avoid fad diets. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Moderation is a key not just in eating, but also in all facets of a healthy life.
- Go Organic organically grown foods have more nutrients. Healthy soil of organic farmland also provides more nutrients for growing plants. Studies are showing they have more vitamins and minerals, like vitamin C and iron.
- Eat sprouted whole grain foods (bread, or rice, or pasta) at least four times per week. Skip the gluten and go for grains like millet or buckwheat. This will reduce the chance of having almost any cancer by 40%. Given that cancer gets about 1 in 3 of us in a lifetime, thats big advice.
- Eat at least five portions of vegetables and fruit a day, and especially tomatoes, red grapes and the like, as well as salad all year. This protects against a whole variety of different nasty things: It reduces the risk of stroke dramatically, it reduces the risk of diabetes considerably and it will reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. If you are not drinking water, you are not giving your body the resources it needs to stay healthy!
- Enrich yourself consider taking a multi-vitamin. We dont always eat the proper foods and even if we do we are not always getting everything we need. B-vitamins, vitamin C, zinc, and magnesium are crucial nutrients needed by the body to maintain healthy functioning organ systems. When we are under increased stress, these vitamins and minerals help to promote endurance and maintain a healthy balance.
3. Dont smoke. Just as exercise helps everything, smoking hurts everything.
4. Drink in moderation if it all.
5. Get a regular medical check-up at least once a year.
6. Always wear seatbelts. Just make it a habit. Use car seats for kids.
7. Do something for other people. Helping others is a healing act for both you and them. A little volunteer work is a great way to keep a healthy perspective on yourself and life.
8. Practice stress relief. Whether its exercise, deep breathing, a hobby, church, meditation find something that helps you deal with the pressures of life and work. Consider the following suggestions:
- Smile and laugh. Spend some time watching a favorite movie or doing something you love. Laughter releases endorphins in the body which help us stay youthful.
- Communicate and share. Getting together with loved and sharing how you feel is physically and mentally rejuvenating. Feeling connected and listened to promotes a healthy centered state.
- Keep a Positive Mental Outlook. Theres a definitive connection between living well and healthfully and having a cheerful outlook on life. Thought for the day: You cant be unhappy when youre smiling or singing.
- Believe in yourself, listen to your voice inside. Honoring oneself and following your true passion leads to a healthy sense of self and wellbeing. Follow your path and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!
- Say OMMMMMM….Om is not a word but rather an intonation like music. Saying ommmmmmmm sends a particular vibration through the body, which relaxes you…seriously, try it! When you are really stressed take a deep breathe and say Ommmmmmmmmmmmm!
- Consider Meditation. What are the benefits well according to Dr. Oz several things at once, at a hormonal level, studies have shown that meditation can counteract the fight-or-flight response that floods the body with the stress hormone cortisol and that also shuts down the parasympathetic system, which normally restores order after the alert is over. At a molecular level, meditation slows metabolism in red blood cells and suppresses the production of cytokines proteins associated with the kind of heightened immune response often seen in stressed-out subjects such as students taking exams.
9. Sleep on it. Get at least seven and a half hours of sleep every night. This is the only time our bodies have to regenerate and heal. If sleep is an issue, you can look into calming herbs such as valerian, hops, lemon balm and passionflower. A nice warm cup of chamomile tea before bed may also do the trick.
10. Remember to live in the moment! Life is meant for living not just completing tasks and running errands. The more you live in the moment the less stress and more joy you will get out of life. Theses simple tips to healthy living can be your first steps.