Winter is coming is the famous line from Game of Thrones. However, unfortunately winter is already here for most of us and therefore, we decided to compile this list of life hacks that will allow you to survive the winter with a smile. Check them out and let us know what you think about the list.
20. Heating up home without using extra energy
19. Keep your feet warm with DIY liners
The leftover felt couldnt have found a better use!
18. Parking outdoors overnight
Park your car in such a way that it faces the direction of the sun and youll be thankful the next day!
17. Dryer sheet helps in taming your sticky hair
16. Keep a spare pair of socks in your cars glove compartment
They sure come in handy if you step into the slush puddle or when you need to put them on your wipers to make sure they are protected from frost or snow.
15. Ceiling fan in reverse
Set it to low speed and have it move clockwise during winter thus allowing for the re-circulation of the warm air trapped near the ceiling.
14. Thaw a frozen lock with a lighter and a key
Frozen lock can be thawed by using a lighter and a key.
13. DIY snow tyres
Use zip-ties between the spokes of tyres of your bike for better traction.
12. Cleaning Ugg boots
Making use of vinegar and salt mixture will cleanse them of salt!
11. Water-proof shoes
Line your regular shoes with plastic bags!
10. Shoveling trick
Non-stick cooking oil sprayed shovel is the super shovel to which ice doesnt stick!
9. Looking after sweaters
Make use of a razor to help you remove any pills from your sweaters.
8. Use pool noodles to prop your boots up
Youll have to make sure that you bring them down to the size of your boots to prevent the boots from falling over.
7. Warm up your toilet seat with socks
Socks will keep the toilet seats warm!
6. Utilize your old sweaters to make mittens
Mittens are the word for winter!
5. Hot chocolate for the entire family
Hot chocolate always wins! You can use a slow cooker for making hot chocolate.
4. Insulating windows
Insulate the windows using bubble wrap to keep warm!
3. CD as ice scraper
Use a CD to clear frost from your windshield.
2. Give your shoes better traction with screws
Tricky, but totally worth it!
1. Use kitty litter if youre stuck in snow
Youll have to shovel the snow around tyres and sprinkle kitty litter for better traction.